Thursday, September 29, 2011

Psalm 23:5, You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
NKJV
He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies; if the Lord has the confidence to let me sit down and eat, surrounded by those wishing me harm, then how much more peace should I have in the presence of my God as we prepare to leave, even if it is for another country to do things that I have never done, with preparations to complete that I might not even be aware of?

I can't know what will happen; or how things will happen; or what won't happen that, at least in my eyes, probably should have, but I will trust in God that He will do a good work, both in others and myself, and that He wants me in El Salvador as a part of that work. I don't know what is coming, but I will have peace and pray for God's blessing on all of us and the people of El Salvador, Costa Rica and Uganda as we prepare to go, and will make sure to give thanks and prayer whenever the devil begins planting seeds of worry or doubt within my heart, and trust in God's strength to keep such weeds from growing and choking out His good plants and the fruit He would have me bare.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

1 comment: