Sunday, September 25, 2011

Isaiah 55:9

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. NKJV
"Lord grant me your wisdom in action and thought. Let me bring glory to Your name."

As we prepare to leave I am reminded that God's thoughts and plans are far above our own. Greater in breadth and greater in depth than anything I could ever manage, I need to pray for His continual guidance on my actions and thoughts so that I can respond to the world with a God given wisdom that would bring Him glory. For wisdom and discernment in my preparation to go to El Salvador, with the people to whom I'll be saying 'See you later' and 'Good bye', with the people who I will soon meet and with the use and raising of finances.

I want to be wise in my actions as a vessel for God's glory.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment