Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Psalm 23:1-2, He leads me

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
NKJV
The Lord is my shepherd, for this I shall not want. God is my shepherd, the one who guides me and cares for me, who knows the correct path. I who am prone to wandering am brought to the green pastures and made to lie down. He prevents me from straying to the dangers of the mountain where the lions seek to devour me, to the forest where the bears would eat me. He leads me beside the still waters as we go, that I may easily drink, much safer still than the racing rivers where I may be swept away. Wolfs may come but He will protect me. My wounds, He will bind. The travels may at times seem hard, the distance long and fraught with pain, but my shepherd leads me, leads me still, and at journeys end green pastures I will find.

I do not wish to wander, I do not wish to stray.
My Lord is my shepherd, my master,
and with Him I always wish to stay.

I pray for His leading, and my willing following. He knows the perfect path to lead.

"Guide me as I spend time at home, please guide me when I have gone away."

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

1 comment: