Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ephesians 4:23

and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, NKJV
I need to relax! Calm down! Take joy in Jesus and not worry the little things!

In working on being diligent I've lost sight of why I'm doing so, and what Pastor Craig said in chapel on Tuesday has brought me back. (Thinking about it in hindsight, there were a few things that happened throughout the day which I think God had been using to sort-of 'prep' me for the teaching.)

I was getting very stressed, trying to be diligent and do the work I needed to do, but feeling like the world was coming against me and trying to stop me from getting my work done. More than that, I felt extremely incapable personally of dealing with the workload despite knowing that it was at times difficult, but still very doable.

To steal a line from the pastors here at Potter's Field Ranch, "I don't have to. I GET to!"

---
What am I intending?
To do something great for God?
To be something great for God?
Or to have a great relationship with Jesus Christ?
---
Jesus does not NEED our effort.
But He WANTS it.

---
It's about being WITH Jesus.
Not working FOR Jesus.

---
These are a few of the notes I took on Tuesday, and I am wanting to kick myself for forgetting when I had learned something very similar to this after first coming to Potter's Field Ranch. However, I needed to learn this again and feel like I had been growing spiritually stagnant of late, just adapting to the changing environment here rather than interacting and engaging, so instead I'm just going to thank Him for continuing to break and mold me into the man He wants me to be, and growing as one of Christ's children that I might bear sweeter and sweeter fruit.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment