Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ephesians 4:25

Therefore, putting away lying, "Let each of you speak truth with his neighbor," for we are members of one another. NKJV
The truth is not always at first pleasant; a 'kind' lie is not a 'good' lie nor any good at all; a lie told o avoid trouble is a trouble all it's own; and lying with a silent grin is lying just the same, spoken words or no.

When I pretend, act like or suggest that everything is fine when I am not, unbothered when I am, without opinion when I have, I may not be telling an outright lie, but twisting words to make them sound like something else, saying nothing when I know what will be assumed and speaking only a fraction of my mind so that my complete thought might be mistaken for something else is still lying.

Even if I do so not wanting to 'rock the boat' or stir up negative emotions, I am still not speaking truth with my neighbors and am at times dishonest.

I hate lying and dishonesty, and should make no exceptions for myself because I am afraid of others reaction or bearing my heart to them.

We are members of one another, of one body. When I am less than honest with my brothers and sisters, I am not only lying to them, I am lying to myself, and worse, Christ, of whom we are the body.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment