Sunday, September 25, 2011

Isaiah 55:8

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. NKJV
I keep thinking about what I'll do. What I might do. What I can do. What I might be called to.

What God wants to use me for, how I'll get there, how God will get me there, what will happen between then and now, where He'll take me and when He'll take me there, the lessons I'll learn and trials I'll face and how they'll grow me to be more like God and the individual He wants me to be.

I want to do what God wants of me and I want what He wants to be amazing.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. . ." Mathew 6:33

I try, but it's hard and sometimes I forget, and this is a reminder. His thoughts are not mine, and my ways are not His.

If I'm seeking after the future then I am not seeking after Him, even if the future I'm seeking is a future in Him, living for Him.

Instead of thinking about what may be, I should be making my way closer to Him. He already knows what is in store for me and what He wants of me, and what ever that is, He can lead me and make the way.

The only thing He is calling me to is to seek after His kingdom and righteousness. Aside from that, God can work out the rest.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment