Monday, August 29, 2011

Romans 12:11

not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; NKJV
I need to be more diligent, and to be fervent in my diligence.

Regardless of the busyness of our schedule and surprise events and outings, I need to finish my work with more immediacy; to not allow distractions to keep me from my work, whether that means leaving the room when I can or simply applying myself (with the help of prayer) more to ignore them; and to get it in my head that I do not need to allow myself time for fellowship, because if I finish early in the week I'll be free later without any worries of being able to finish hanging over my head, if I don't finish early than I couldn't have afforded that time anyway and regardless, I need to remember that I'll be able to spend plenty of time with everyone between mandatory events and our free time (or surprise events depending on which we have) even if I do need to sacrifice my free time early in the week to insure that even if something does come up unexpectedly I'll still be able to finish everything before I'm scrambling to find time the day before a paper or reading is due.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment