Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mark 8:36

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? NKJV
Creature comforts.

Profits.

Gain.

All the treasures of this Earth in whatever form they take. Material, abstract, pleasurable delights; money and goods and knowledge and food and sweet things and many many toys.

Is there anything I seek or keep as profit of the world in the comfort of my soul being saved, which while still being saved, may leave my soul less than fulfilled in the profits of the Holy Spirit?

'Great profits' that may be keeping me from the much greater and more fulfilling gifts God would have me inherit for both my life and spirit?

Although He has worked in me, is there anything I cling to which hinders His further working in me and prevents me from assuming the life He would most have of me?

I am going to work on practicing moderation and building greater self control. I will exercise discipline in choosing my portions and when eating snacks, and pray for support and strength as I seek after Him, growing in the fruits of the Spirit and greater fulfillment in Him.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment