Monday, August 29, 2011

Romans 12:10

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brother love, in honor giving preference to one another; NKJV
I forget this. I enjoy serving people and doing things for them, but when the time comes that they are doing something which bothers me, I do not honor them by giving preference in my heart.

When I ask them to stop and they refuse, not to be intentionally rude or anything but simply because they don't recognize that it really does bother me, I have trouble just leaving the issue be in my head. Not wanting to make an issue of it or appear a bother, I leave the matter alone, but I don't graciously give preference to their desires over my own with honor for them.

I need to think on this and remember the next time I run into an 'it' situation, and to pray for peace and contentment in my heart in Christ, especially when others are being insensitive to my own needs/desires, and remember that He is all I really need.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment