Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Acts 7:56

And said, "Look! I see the heavens
opened and the Son of Man standing at
the right hand of God!" NKJV
Stephen made an exclamation of wonder, and no doubt joy, as he stared up and saw the heavens opened.

How often am I staring 'down' instead of 'up'?

I want to look up to the heavens with eyes turned towards God's glory and his son in anticipation for what is coming and to be filled up by the Holy Spirit rather than to have my attentions ever focused on the little things of this life, appearances; minor distractions; the body; thoughts of the individual mind; and all pains, whether physical or mental.

Not on myself.

And not on others.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment