Saturday, August 13, 2011

Acts 12:6

And when Herod was about to bring him out, that night Peter was sleeping, bound with two chains between two soldiers; and the guards before the door were keeping the prison. NKJV
Peter was bound in two chains, had a guard standing next to him on each side, inside a prison, with his door further guarded.

If an angel could release Peter from such tight physical bondage, what could stop God Himself saving us from any chain, trouble or harm?

A physical prison is of no trouble to Him, and chains of mental bondage are just the same. We make ourselves willingly His prisoners, and He gives us trials as He sees fit and stretches our His hand to save us according to his will, that we may grow and learn and experience to bring Him glory.

I want to be faithful in free and open spaces, sad places, troubled places. In prisons and while underfire. When the world is with me and when it is against, and when I am or feel all alone.

When He tests me and the devil works to stop me.

I want to be faithful while well and in pain, in joy and anguish, when blessed and when my troubles seem too great to bear. He knows my condition and places me where He will and when He wills, and it is only my job to be faithful and to pray and to obey when He says "Go."

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment