Sunday, August 14, 2011

Acts 12:7

Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shone in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, "Arise quickly!" And his chains fell off his hands. NKJV
God isn't always rainbows and butterflies or a gentle voice; sometimes He'll smack you awake and say "Hurry up!"

I want to be prepared so that even if I'm not 'personally' ready for what God would have of me or wake up in a dazed stupor, slow to respond and clumsy, so that He must actually drag me from my bed, I will not balk at whatever rude awakening God sees fit to give.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment