Friday, August 12, 2011

Acts 8:31

And he said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?" And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him. NKJV
How amazing is it that the eunuch admitted his own ignorance?

He was a man of "great authority", having charge of the Ethiopian queen's treasury; and yet, riding in a chariot, to a man walking who 'randomly' ran over to discuss the Scriptures, he basically says, "I don't have a clue, and could really use some help from somebody who does."

If a man of such high stature could show such humility, knowing his power and the importance of his position but still perfectly willing to admit his own ignorance and seek the council of others for guidance, what could possibly stop us? I don't want to be so caught up in 'appearances' that I hesitate or feel embarrassed for seeking the guidance of others and admitting my own lack of insight, especially when God might be wanting to reveal something to me through another person if only I'd admit my need, as he did by guiding the eunuch to Christ through Philip, all because the eunuch was willing to admit his own limitations.

Whether it be knowledge or insight or council or aid with the most mundane task, I want to be willing to ask for help when it is needed.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment