Tuesday, December 6, 2011

James 2:10-11, he is guilty of all.

For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. NKJV
The law isn't a bunch of individual points that can be crossed without crossing the others; it is a complete whole.

If you cut the ribbon around a present it doesn't matter if you cut 'this part' or 'that part', whether you cut it on the same side of the box as the bow or on the other side. Once it is cut, it's cut.

The difference is, when the law has been broken you will not find a present that had been wrapped up and hidden, only found after transgressing the law.

At times we think that way; we think that it is to our benefit so long as we only give the ribbon a 'little snip'. After all, we aren't taking a chainsaw to it like that other guy or ripping it to pieces like her. If necessary we can always wrap it back up again too.

To fulfill the law and act as a pure and blameless sacrifice Jesus had to not break a single statute or command of the law. Regardless of how appealing the 'gift' underneath, He said, “My father has a better thing, a better purpose, than for me to open that which I am not allowed.”

Jesus was made into an earthly vessel, a cup filled to the brim, given the whole of the law. He lived His life without spilling a single drop, and when the time drew near He drank of that cup and hung on the cross. He drank of my cup and your cup and took of the law of every human who ever has or would live that gave Him their cup when asked.

He drank of the mud and filth stirred up by all we spilled, and He took the law within Himself and said, “I will be your cup. I will take what you could not keep upon Myself that you might live; that you might run and dance and sing with joy and life.”

Awhile back I was working to memorize several worship songs so that I could sing praises whenever I felt like it or my mind began to wander away from the things of God and Christ to bring me back to a focus on Him. However it was very easy to get caught up with all the things that 'needed to be done' and I haven't been listening or memorizing of late.

I want to use my liberty to praise Him and worship freely with love and devotion, to love Him who first loved me with all my body, mind and strength, even when I am doing work that might so easily allow my mind to wander to things that might not be “bad”, but are certainly not Christ.

I want to keep my thoughts on the things of God even when my body works for Him but my mind has the liberty to be anywhere else.

I will copy down the lyrics to my iPod Touch and purchase the songs if possible so that I can look at them whenever wanting to sing but unable to remember the words and make sure to listen to the songs I am working on everyday.

Studies I'd like to share: Jaymi's, Randy's

I pray
to God
that He brings
my heart
to want
what He wants
for the reasons
He wants it.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment