Thursday, December 1, 2011

James 2:1, My brethren. . .

My brethren, do not hold the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with partiality. NKJV

My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory. ESV

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. NASB
In Mathew 12:25 Jesus says that any kingdom which is divided against itself will be laid to waste, fall into ruin and be brought to desolation. Likewise any city or house that is divided against itself will not stand.

i.e. “Fall apart”

Not only are we all of the kingdom of God, we are literally one household. If Jesus says this of Satan, and it can already be seen so easily in homes all over the United States when actual families fall apart, then how true is it for our little home in El Salvador?

I have been showing favoritism to some, and, I don't know exactly what to call it, but the opposite of favoritism to others. It hasn't been in any major ways, it is mostly just a question of who I do and do not mesh well with, but it needs to stop. I don't want my partiality to cause even a sliver of discomfort or discontent within our house, for everyone or individuals, whether because they are not on the receiving end of that favoritism or even because they are.

If anyone feels like they have been affected by my partiality, whether it is simply a misunderstanding or a genuine result of my behavior directed towards them or others, I would like to apologize.

I pray
to God
that He brings
my heart
to want
what He wants
for the reasons
He wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment