Saturday, October 29, 2011

James 1:2-3, My bretheren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,

My bretheren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. NKJV
We're having a rather easy time of it right now all things considered. I'm utterly exhausted, but the storm has in many ways shut down the city and the people we are working with have had to put the initial schedule they had planned for us on hold.

It is a hidden blessing for us; the roads are easier to get through because fewer people are out, the stores are less busy allowing us to get the hang of wondering around as a group without losing people, the work is much less physically tiring than was planned and because there is much less work the days are shorter and we can figure out how to buy the food we need and things needed around the house. This storm is a disaster striking Central America and I pray for the eternal safety of those affected by it, but I must also thank God for allowing us the time to adjust and settle in and become accustomed to some of the basics of Spanish before being swamped.

I need to remember that "all things work to the good of those who love God and are the called according to His purpose". Not only that, but also how God has often worked through disasters to bring in the lost sheep and light fires in the souls of the saved for His work.

When I am faced with "disasters" that seem to stretch me to my limits I must remember that God in His perfection has a purpose even for the pains of a sinful and broken world and will pray for a peaceful and prayerful heart that can face those times with eyes turned towards God and a mind that is receptive of the things He desires, both for me to do and for me to learn.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior,
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. God faced trials too. Sometimes in our darkest times we find the strength and perserverence we didn't know we had.

    ReplyDelete