Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nehemiah 9:3, they confessed and worshiped the Lord their God.

And they stood up in their place and read from the Book of the Law of the Lord their God for one-fourth of the day; and for another fourth they confessed and worshiped the Lord their God.
I really wish I had the type of passion and fervor these Jews had in their love of my Father.

Or Him being my father, that my love were more like that of a child's; innocent and fully dependent, eye's wide with admiration and excitement at the wonderful things He does.

As a member of His bride, that I more deeply felt the divine romance, past, present and future, and waited with baited breath and greater anticipation for my Groom's arrival and the wedding to finally begin.

That as a sinful human I would look up to heaven knowing greater humbleness and awe.

Earlier today I was already vaguely sure of the application I was being called to, but now I would also like to make the above a prayer for God's work in my life, and would be glad if others could pray for me or would like for me to pray for them an increase in the love we have planted deep within our hearts and it's growth continuing beyond forever in all joy and excitement; as is promised us in Christ's coming and our resurrection, continuing to learn of the infinite beauty and perfection of the one and only God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

"It may not be red as the roses yet
It may not be strong as the old oak trees
but love planted deeply becomes what it ought to be."

Thank you God for loving me, for saving me, for allowing one such as me to call You Father, Dad and Daddy; for all your blessings, seen and unseen, that have come and are still to come; the gifts and talents, resources that all have come from You, and please give me the honor of using everything You have given to serve and more greatly honor Your name. Fill me with your Spirit and let It overflow, fill my cup and pour it out so that many more may know.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so uplifting and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad! It's good to know that other people are able to enjoy and take away good things from these studies. (Really, thank you for always commenting as you follow the updates.)

    ReplyDelete