Saturday, November 12, 2011

James 1:26, this one's religion is useless.

If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. NKJV
The original Greek for the words “Religious” and “Religion” found in verse 26 are defined as meaning ceremonious in worship (as demonstrative) and ceremonial observance respectively.

It is duplicitous to worship God yet not control the words that come out of our mouths.

God asks for our obedience before sacrifice.

Today I am going to make a point of waiting 10 seconds when I have something to say and before responding to anything someone says that is not directed specifically to me. I will wear a bandana around my neck, and if needed over my mouth, as a reminder.

I pray
to God
that He brings
my heart
to want
what He wants
for the reasons
He wants it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you shared that verse. I know someone who is living in sin and lies about going to church. Now I bring it before the Lord in prayer, but always wondered what would happen to them and their lies. Very sad. So I just give it to God.. He alone is the ultimate authority.

    ReplyDelete